This highly limited collection is the first licensed Monster Energy collaboration for TLD after working closely with Monster via our paint department for over a decade. Falling into the Born From Paint classification, these D4 Helmets were “born” from Brendan Fairclough and Cam Zink's 2019 Red Bull Rampage lids. Originally designed and custom painted in our Corona, CA paint department, these D4’s show off Cam and Brendog’s individual style.
The Daytona, D2 and D3 series of helmets redefined the marriage between technology, safety and artistic design. The new Troy Lee Designs D4 is changing the game yet again with another Limited Edition lid. We get a sneak peak inside Brendon Fairclough's mind with this wild D4 helmet.
Using TeXtreme® Spread Tow carbon fiber reinforcements in the shell of the new TLD D4 Carbon helmet has helped pare down the weight of the full-face helmet by almost 50 grams without sacrificing strength. Despite the loss in weight, we were able to strategically add EPS to increase strength and durability. Integrated MIPS Brain Protection System designed to reduce rotational motion transferred to the brain from angled impacts to the head. The new TLD D4’s package is rounded out with lightweight titanium D-rings, collarbone suspension system and quick release XT2 3D cheek pads and X-Static washable liner.
- MIPS brain protection system, reduces rotational forces to the brain in some crash scenarios
- TeXtreme® Spread Tow carbon fiber shell
- Three shell sizes to more accurately fit a variety of head sizes and rider ages, improving overall safety
- Anatomical –3D” contoured cheek pads with emergency release system for EMS responders
- Removable snap-in, washable comfort liner with Coolmax® and Dri-lex® moisture-wicking materials
- Super light titanium D-rings save weight and have increased material tensile strength
- CPSC 1203*, CE EN1078*, ASTM F1952-DH, ASTM 2032-BMX. *Varies by regional standards