Jones Snowboards Discovery Split
The Discovery splitboard is the world`s first splitboard designed for youth and small adults. This fully featured splitboard throws open the door for smaller riders to confidently ride advanced backcountry terrain on a legit high performance freeride board. Tech features on the Discovery like Progressive Sidecut allow for easy turn initiation, while the Blunt Nose and Directional Rocker profile keep any size rider cruising through the inevitable variable backcountry conditions. New for 2017, the Discovery Split now has recycled steel inner edges for improved performance on icy skin tracks.
A hybrid rocker/camber flex pattern defined by more tip rocker then tail rocker and camber between the bindings. The rockered tip floats the board’s nose and improves maneuverability while the camber underfoot provides edge hold and response. A slightly rockered tail maintains the power and stability of a traditional board but helps keep the tail catch-free initiating turns and landing switch.
Like a serrated knife slicing into the snow, Magne-Traction improves your edge grip by adding multiple contact points along the running length of your board. Magne-Traction is a critical feature for rockered boards. Rocker improves glide in mixed conditions, but the decreased edge contact makes it harder to really lock into your turns and hold a solid edge. Magne-Traction is crucial to offset the edge drift of rocker.
How a board glides in powder, crust, corn or any snow more than an inch deep, is dictated by it’s front contact point and just past it. Next time you are in soft snow watch how much snow comes over the corner of the nose near the contact point. The billowing snow coming out from behind the tip means you are plowing through it which is obviously slowing you down. By adding a blunt nose you get the float benefits of a much longer nose without the ‘snow plow’ rounded tip and it’s extra swing weight.
At the far ends of the sidecut, the radius is incrementally increased as the edge reaches the contact point. Gradually increasing the side cut radius towards the contact point delivers smoother turn initiation and exit as the edge tracks in and out of the snow with a less abrupt transition.
- Sintered 700: Durable natural base material with added carbon for speed and good wax absorbency
- Wend Natural Wax: Jones boards are ready to shred straight out of the shop and are factory waxed with WEND natural wax
- Classic Core: Full wood premium slovenian poplar core that offers fun pop, even flex and solid durability
- Biax Fiberglass: A dual-direction, dual-layer, stitched fiberglass laminate that provides a fun, forgiving and snappy ride
- Factory Tuned: All Jones Snowboards are factory de-tuned at the tip and tail so you can go right from the shop to the mountain
- Recycled ABS Sidewalls: ABS Plastic is one of the necessary evils of snowboard production. We improve the sustainability of our snowboards by using only recycled plastic
- Oversized Recycled Edges: All Jones boards are made with oversized recycled steel edges for added durability and improved production sustainability
- Karakoram STD. Clip: Jones Splitboards feature Karakoram K-clips plus tip and tail hooks. Adjustable tension K-clips increase board torsional stiffness
- Stainless Steel Hardware: Stainless steel plates are embedded into the nose and tail for improved board tip durability
- Film Topsheet: Film topsheets provide the stiffness and impact resistance of a normal topsheet while significantly reducing weight by decreasing the thickness of the topsheet material
Usikker på hvilken størrelse du skal ha? Klikk her for size guide
|New Size||Size (cm)||Skins Group||Running Length (cm)||Nose Length (cm)||Tail Length (cm)||Nose Width (cm)||Waist Width (cm)||Tail Width (cm)||Sidecut Radius (m)||Reference Stance (mm)||Centered Stance (mm)||Setback (mm)||Weight Range (lbs/kg)|
|-||145||-||106.0||21.5||20.0||28.3||24.5||28.2||7.0||-||52||2.2||100-150 lbs. / 51-71 kg.|